- Provides a comprehensive analysis of redundancy law, including individual redundancy, unfair dismissal, contractual redundancy schemes, discrimination, voluntary severance arrangements, and collective redundancies
- Authoritative coverage of significant recent case law as well as all relevant legislation and statue law
- Contains practical, working guidance to redundancy, including helpful tools such as precedents, checklists, I specimen letters, HR1 and RP1 forms, and a redundancy payment calculator
- Authored by the UK's leading authority on redundancy, with over 30 years' experience in employment law
New to this Edition:
- Fully revised to accommodate all recent case law, such as USA v Nolan ; USDAW v WW Realisation 1 Limited; and critical cases on unfair dismissal including Halpin v Sandpiper Books Ltd, Fulcrum Pharma (Europe) Ltd v Bonaserra, and Mefful v Merton and Lambeth Citizens Advice Bureau
- All developments in legislation and statute law, such as the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 (Amendment) Order 2013
- Additional material on sex discrimination and the interplay between redundancy, maternity leave, and alternative employment, as well as on collective redundancies.
- Now tackles issues such as “survivor syndrome” (how do you retain and motivate those who remain in the organisation?), and methodologies of saving jobs, including layoffs, short time working, and state supported job retention schemes.
PUBLICATION DATE: 25 APRIL 2021 - ISBN: 9780198798484 - EXTENT: 480 PAGES