Because of postponing our General Conference and General Meeting due to the coronavirus pandemic, the election of Juris Diversitas officers (Executive Committee Members) is now overdue. All positions are up to renewal: President, Vice President for Projects, Vice President for Conferences, General Secretary, and Treasurer. Here are the current officers:
- Olivier Moréteau, President: Director, Center of Civil Law Studies, Louisiana State University Law Center (USA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ignazio Castellucci, Vice President (Projects) and Book Series Editor: University of Teramo (Italy): email@example.com
- Salvatore Mancuso, Vice President (Conferences): University of Palermo (Italy): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lukas Heckendorn Urscheler, Treasurer: Vice-Director, Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (Switzerland): email@example.com
- Christa Rautenbach, General Secretary: North-West University (Potchefstroom, South Africa): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emmanuel Didier, Communication Officer: Avocat, Ottawa (Canada): email@example.com
Note that the Communication Officer is not an elected position, but members may want to volunteer to join the Executive Committee in a non-elected position, indicating what activity or plan they would like to serve or promote.
We kindly invite you to nominate candidates for all positions available for election. Self-nomination is acceptable, noting that nominees may only run for one office in each election. Note that all present holders of renewable positions have indicated that they are available to be reelected in the position they presently occupy. They are with this nominated for this position by the effect of this message, but they will have to be elected by the members in any case. I do not write this to dissuade nominations, but I know that some of you will ask, or that we might not receive any nominations for a specific position. Our Colleague Prof. Alessandra Pera has kindly accepted to act as Election Officer, in compliance with article 9 of the Juris Diversitas Constitution. You may access the Constitution by a click on this link. Please email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18, 2021.
The only condition to make a nomination is to have your dues paid for 2021 or commit to pay them, preferably by the election date. Payments can no longer be via PayPal due to discrepancies between Paypal’s requirement and the regulatory framework in Switzerland, where our accounts are located. Your nominations will be accepted if you certify in your message that you will do due diligence to pay the 2021 dues, if possible before the date of the General Meeting.
The General Assembly shall be held on Saturday February 27, at 5:00 pm Swiss (Lausanne) time. A Zoom link will be posted in due course.