The T.M.C.Asser Institute is looking to appoint a full-time (38 hours per week) postdoctoral researcher in international and European Sports Law to join its dynamic and multinational research team.
The successful candidate will :
- conduct fundamental and applied, comparative research in the area of international and European sports law at an advanced level, leading to high-level academic publications and high quality advice/opinions for a multitude of clients;
- acquire and carry out externally financed research and academic service projects and participate in coordinating tasks in the management of projects;
- be expected, where possible and appropriate, to give presentations on your specific subject field;
- help organize dissemination activities such as trainings, workshops and conferences;
- maintain and further develop an international network of experts and stakeholders.
- you have recently completed your Ph.D. in an area of law relevant to sport;
- you have a good knowledge of EU law;
- you have a broad general knowledge of European and international sports law. Prior professional expertise in this specialist area, as can be demonstrated by publications and/or experience in legal practice, is desirable. It is more important, however, that you can demonstrate great potential and commitment to pursue a research career in the area of International and European sports law;
- you have an established record of research, publications, and acquisition of external funding for research and dissemination projects;
- you have experience in participating in collaborative research projects and are open to carry out inter-disciplinary research;
- you are an ambitious and motivated scholar with an international profile and an extensive professional network;
- you have excellent writing and presentation skills for promoting and reporting on research;
- you have an excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Dutch and other languages is an asset;
- you are flexible, proactive, and able to work both independently and as a strong team-player;
- you are capable of performing well under the stress of strict deadlines.
Asser Institute offers employment as full-time senior researcher initially for 1 year, but renewable for a period of up to 6 years. The Institute is affiliated with the University of Amsterdam, whose conditions of employment are applicable. The salary will be in accordance with the CAO of the Dutch Universities and depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Applications should comprise a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae in EUROPAS format, a list of publications and the contact details of two referees. Applications must be sent in English, in MS-Word format to HRM@asser.nl before 16 October 2013.