JOINT INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH PROJECT IN THE FIELD OF GENDER EQUITY
University of Haifa (Israel) - Shulamit ALMOG
This two-part international research project will comprise 2 international meetings with complementary gender equity foci: the first international meeting will be hosted by the University of Haifa (Israel) on 9 January 2023, while the second international event is scheduled from 3 to 6 July 2023 at Lille University (France). This joint research project seeks to provide complementary perspectives on Gender Equity and will result in international publications.
Selected papers will be invited for publication in a special issue of the International Journal for the Semiotics of Law (Springer: https://www.springer.com/journal/11196) and/or for inclusion in an edited volume of the Law Book Series “Law and Visual Jurisprudence” (Springer: https://www.springer.com/series/16413).
Working Languages: English and French.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CIRCULATE THE CALL FOR PAPERS TO YOUR NETWORKS
The second international conference invites participants to explore the causes, forms and cultures of gender-based violence in society, including how children are educated, how Games and Art promote gender differences/stereotypes/neutrality. It is a place to reflect on the growing importance of tolerance, diversity, and acceptance of others.
We invite submissions of researchproposals focusing on empirical analyses and/or theoretical/conceptual research on “Combating Gender-based violence”. We invite proposals from scholars from all disciplines, including law, gender studies, sociology, labor studies, education, economics, management, business administration, human resource management, organizational development, communication, psychology, health professions, public policy, social work and any other related area. We welcome a variety of disciplinary perspectives in the humanities and social sciences, as well as in interdisciplinary, intersectional and critical approaches.
Submissions related, but not limited, to the following areas and topics are welcome:
- - Perpetuation of Gender Stereotypes: Causes, Forms and Cultures of Sexism in society, education (textbooks), games and Art, etc.
- - Possible links between cultural representations and violence against women
- - Masculinist movements vs. feminist movements: ideology of Gender in Society
- - Human Rights Violation
Court of Human Rights,
o European Convention on Human Rights,
o Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence,
o Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) o Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, etc.
- - Combating Gender Stereotypes and Advocating Tolerance
- - Combating Online and/or Offline Sexism in Hate Speech
- - Social Media platforms, places for Machiavellian Venting: Haters, Trollers, etc.
- - Facing Trauma, Fear, Anxiety and Mental Issues on normal, pre- and post-Covid-19.
- - Silencing part of the Population: intimidation, threats or abuse
- - Legal and Policy Framework to Combat Gender-based violence
- - Guaranteeing Equal Access of Women to Justice
- - Promoting Freedom, Equality, Parity - Affirmative Action
- - Gender mainstream: discussion on Freedom of Expression
- - Considering the particular vulnerability of girls and young women in the digital arena
International Journal for the Semiotics of Law - Revue internationale de Sémiotique juridique
Post a Comment