Become Assistant Editor of an upcoming
comparative public law journal
The Chair of French Public Law at Saarland University is recruiting an Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief for a comparative public law journal to be published in English.
- You have the English level of a native speaker or equivalent (CECRL : C2 - Cambridge English Scale : 200-230).
- You are preparing a doctorate in law or have a doctorate in law.
- You have an excellent knowledge of either the legal system of a European country or European Law, or you have a high competence in comparative public law. Knowledge of the French legal system and fluency in the French language are a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills. Digital publishing skills.
Your tasks as Assistant Editor:
1. Ensure the follow-up of the publication program defined by the journal's scientific direction.
2. Proofread and check accuracy of contributions in English to ensure the highest linguistic and scientific quality (approximately 700 pages per year).
3. Organize the publication of the journal in its web and paper formats.
4. In addition to your journal-related activities, you will assist the Chairholder in his or her comparative law research and publications in English.
You will be supported by one secretary (two half-days per week) and editorial assistants (between six and twelve hours per week).
Conditions of employment :
- You will have the status of "Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter" (Research associate of research fellow)
- You will be recruited on a half-time basis but you can apply for a shorter working time. The tasks you will be assigned will be carried out in the order of priority indicated above.
NB: The status of Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter implies a weekly teaching load of two hours (for a half-time position) which you can carry out remotely.
For more information and application :
Prof. Dr. Philippe Cossalter, French Public Law Chair,
Geb. A 5.4, Campus, 66123 SAARBRÜCKEN, GERMANY.