18 November 2013
OPPORTUNITY: The ABA-UNDP International Legal Resource Center (ILRC) - Senior Techincal Expert in Contract Farming
The ABA-UNDP International Legal Resource Center (ILRC) has received a request from the World Bank Group’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) Investment Climate (IC) department for a senior technical expert in contract farming to participate in developing the activity concept for Investment Climate’s ADR work in contract farming. This expert will work closely with the IFC IC Agribusiness team based in Washington, DC – leveraging that team’s experience and expertise to enhance delivery of services and results to clients.
The contract farming specialist will:
· Serve as a technical advisor to the global CF team to support regional teams, identify project opportunities, and apply relevant expertise to develop a pipeline of ADR in CF interventions.
· Contribute to the development of the ADR in contract farming sub-product concept through support and guidance on CF strategies, policies, contract norms, project design and implementation, impact models and potential interventions that would contribute to World Bank Group objectives.
· Provide guidance on alternative dispute resolution in CF, as currently applied in developing country contexts.
· Identify appropriate legal and institutional frameworks for dispute resolution within CF contexts.
· Identify the main policy issues at the nexus of contract farming and ADR, and propose recommendations on how they can be addressed through the IC product offering.
· Contribute to the development of knowledge products for ADR in CF with a view to (i) disseminating best practice and implementation experience (ii) increasing knowledge transfer to clients, and (iii) improving the overall quality of projects executed.
· Provide peer reviews on project concepts/documents from a variety of regions, sharing best practice, participating in broader learning and knowledge sharing events, and serving as global resource for contract farming.
· Travel to pilot project locations as necessary to provide hands-on technical assistance and monitor program activities and implementation. During these missions, the consultant will meet and liaise with relevant government officials, the private sector, and other donors working in contract farming as necessary.
· Estimated level of effort is 25 days through June 31, 2014.
· The ideal candidate will be expected to start November 30, 2013.
· The consultant will report to the IC Global Agribusiness Specialist and CF Team Lead
More details can be found [by contacting the email address below]. We would be most appreciative if you would review and determine whether you, anyone you know or any organization with which you are affiliated may have any knowledge of experts who might be good candidates. If you or members of your organization are interested in working with IFC, please email updated CV and cover letter* (attached as word or PDF documents) by Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 5pm (EST). As always, we appreciate your assistance and please do not hesitate to contact us for more information or if you have any questions.
Completed applications must be sent to Jacqueline.Gichinga@americanbar.org.