As assistant professor you can be tasked to teach in a range of courses in the fields of comparative law, jurisprudence and legal history, both at the Bachelor as well as the Master level. Assistant professor contributes to the development of courses. Candidate should
- be a team player and conduct research, individually as well as with colleagues;
- can also be assigned administrative responsibilities within the Department or Tilburg Law School;
- will be asked to contribute to the community activities for first year students;
- have excellent didactic and strong communication skills;
- be experienced with performing research and preferably also with providing academic education;
- be able to translate his/her research to social relevance;
- like to take initiative, are enthusiastic and hold a doctoral degree on one of the domains that are relevant for this vacancy (or expect to obtain this soon);
- beable to publish academic research papers both nationally and internationally;
- be ought to have grown to an specialist within his/her field of expertise within a few years from now and to have built the accompanying network;
- be able to transfer his/her own knowledge in an enthusiastic and clear manner to the students;
- have to exert effort to acquiring external research projects (via the market, NWO or through other channels);
- have Basic Teaching Qualification (BTQ) or to acquire this within one year from the appointment on the job.
Specific information about the vacancy can be obtained from prof. Maurice Adams, per e-mail: M.Adams@uvt.nl.
Applications must be submitted before 1 September 2013. You can apply for this vacancy only online via the link.